Wednesday 22 March 2017

Editing photos for my contents page




For my contents page I wanted to change my image so that it didn't require for me to delete the background. The background of this image did not match in the way that it had been edited so that the background had a tone of a light grey and blue.





I wanted the tones to match so that the image did not need to have too much changed when it came to being used in the contents page. When editing the photos I used my front cover so that the tone would match as close as possible, they wouldn't need to match exactly as the photos were taken in two different lighting so the background tone would not have been exactly identical.



After changing the lighting of the image, it created a similar grey tone but with less of a vibrant blue. However, it meant that the person in my image was also the same tone and blended in with the background.



To create the final image I needed to pull the person away from the background and I cut her away from this background and then used the original photo to bring the person with the correct tone. Due to the positioning when taking the photo it meant that the lighting was coming in from a left hand side angle which then resulted in the left hand side of the face being in more of a shadow. To change this the left hand side of the face was the highlighted to bring it out of the shadow. To create a contrast between her face and her clothing, the black on the jumper was then slightly darkened to make her both more prominent from the background and make her face stand out more though through this contrast.



No comments:

Post a Comment